Create a nutritional drink yourself at home.
Unlike Almonds, Hemp is nut milk that doesn’t need to be soaked overnight. Hulled hemp nuts provide an amazing source of Omega 3-6-9 and is as satisfying and useful as cow milk. You can add sweeteners which is great just on its own as well. ( add in some nutritional values)
You will need a
- A blender and lid a woven nut milk bag, cheese cloth or some retailers carry “durag” a synthetic cover which is much less expensive
we found one at the Homesteaders Emporium in Vancouver
- A funnel that fits into our final container
- Jars to put your product into.
HOMEMADE HEMP MILK RECIPE
- 1 cup OmegaVida hemp centers
- 3 to 4 cups filtered or spring water (3 cups for thicker milk, and up to 4 cups for thinner)You can also experiment with adding other spices and sweeteners
1/2 Tbsp of organic vanilla powder
A pinch of Himalayan pink salt (or other unprocessed sea salt)
Put hemp and water in your blender
Seal lid well
Put Blender on High for 2 minutes or until you are happy with it.
Put the funnel into your storage container and line with the cloth or synthetic bag and gently squeeze your milk through.
You can use the left over fiber in soup or smoothies