Hemp Milk for Cereal or Coffee
Create a nutritional drink yourself at home.
Unlike almonds, hemp centres don’t need to be soaked overnight to make milk. Hulled hemp centres provide an amazing source of Omega 3-6-9 and hemp milk is as satisfying and useful as cow’s milk.
Homemade Hemp Milk Recipe
- a blender with a lid
- a woven nut milk bag, cheese cloth or durag, a synthetic bag which is much less expensive
- a funnel
- jars to store your final product
- 1 cup Omega Vida hemp centres
- 3 to 4 cups filtered or spring water (3 cups for thicker milk and up to 4 cups for thinner)
- 1/2 Tbsp of organic vanilla powder
- a pinch of Himalayan pink sea salt (or other unprocessed sea salt)
Experiment by adding different spices and sweeteners!
- place hemp and water into your blender
- seal lid well
- blend on high for 2 minutes (or until you are happy with consistency)
- place the funnel into the mouth of the jar and line with the nut milk bag, cloth or durag
- gently squeeze your milk through the funnel into your jar
Use the left over fiber in soups or smoothies!