About our hemp:
Nutritionally, hemp is likely the best source of plant-based protein available, providing upwards of 70% by weight. Hemp is rich in the essential fatty acids, Omega-6 and Omega-3, in a 4 to 1 ratio which is nearly perfect for cell health and regeneration. In terms of edible fibre, soluble and non-soluble alike, hemp is a winner. It is loaded with antioxidants and has the distinction of being low in carbohydrates. Read More
ACI Foods processes and packages the following organic hemp products for Wholesale /Bulk /Retail clients:
- cold-pressed, virgin hempseed oil
- hulled seed (centers)
- high percentage protein powder
Organic Cold-Pressed, Virgin Hempseed Oil
- Maintains Hormonal Balance: Hemp is the only edible seed that contains gamma-linolenic acid.
- Regenerates & Energizes the Skin’s Protective Layer: Due to its high content of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids, hemp oil has a composition similar to skin lipids.
- Great for Vegetarians & Vegans: Getting the right balance of Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids can be tricky. Hemp oil has the optimal ratio of these fatty acids.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Hemp oil can help lower cholesterol levels by accelerating metabolic processes.
- Good for Diabetes: Due to its low carbohydrate and sugar content, hemp oil is excellent for diabetics. The nutrients present in it can help moderate blood sugar levels.
- Helps with Psoriasis: Research suggests psoriasis is caused by a deficiency of omega-6 fatty acids in the body. The fatty acids present in hemp oil help improve skin oxygenation and hydration.
- Boosts Immunity: Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids also improve immunity and regulate intestinal flora, thus building a natural barrier against microbes.
Organic Hulled Hemp Seed (centers)
- Energy: The combination of calories, complex carbohydrates and protein in hemp seed provides long-lasting energy.
- Appetite & Weight Management: Hulled hemp seeds are a healthy addition to a weight loss plan, curbing hunger and providing essential nutrients without adding an excess of calories, starches and sugars.
- Cellular Health: Hemp’s unique fatty acid composition can positively impact inflammatory processes and cell membrane activities.
Organic High Percentage Hemp Protein Powder
- High Percentage Protein: Hemp protein is easily digestible with rapid bioavailability. A two tablespoon serving of 50% hemp protein powder can provide a significant portion of the daily protein requirement.
- Rich in Fibre: Hemp protein powder is rich in fibre, a factor known to lower the risk for heart disease, Type II diabetes, constipation and diverticular disease.
For more on the practical uses of Hemp Protein click here.
Organic Hemp Flour
Protein content between 15%-33% can be specified by customer
- Gluten-free baking alternative
Organic Hemp Fibre (husk)
- Great source of non-soluble dietary fibre
- Used to fill pillows as the husks hold their shape extremely well and do not compress.